Purchase Haunt Tickets

Historic (Haunted?) Home...


The stone house was built by Josiah and Thomas Dickson in 1824 on property acquired by the Donation Land Act offered to Revolutionary War Veterans.

Stones were hauled by hand from the waterfall just north of here (Spirit Falls). At that time, labor for the four-room house cost a grand total of $40.00. In 1851, the farm was purchased by Eliza Stranahan and her family, who resided in Philadelphia. They were originally from a small town in Northern Ireland and felt that Philadelphia was no place to raise children.

The family settled here and worked on the farm for more than 100 years.

Sometimes, you can catch a glimpse of Eliza peering out the East room window, where she died in 1901 at the age of 100...


Dig deeper into this story...

Visit Mercer County PA

20th Century History of New Castle and Lawrence County Pennsylvania and Representative Citizens

Atlas of the County of Lawrence and the State of Pennsylvania :b from Actual Surveys and Official Records ebook